I Want A Free XBox

My quest to get an XBox using nothing but Advertising Revenue

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mylot - Earn Money From "Discussions"

Today, to see if I can make a little bit of money through myLot, a website where you can apparently earn money from participating in discussions. Now, I understand that the amount of money obtainable from this website will not be worth the effort I put in, but by god I thought I'd give it a shot.


FIrst thing that didn't impress me was the sign up. Okay, I had e-mail problems on one of my accounts, but the other one was fine and dandy and it still took me 3 days for the e-mail to arrive. I signed up eventually and was greeted by a basic messageboard like system, with a few discussions.


This is where I feel myLot falls down. myLot wants to promote discussions by paying them for posts, with the hope that better posts will be rewarded. However, it does the opposite. People basically spam the forum with nonsensical discussions (which is better - coke or cats. How the hell can you choose?), and spam the replies. The way forward seems to be that statements and "this or that", and replies such as "thank you". I tried putting a question that wouldn't produce a one word answer (have you ever met anybody famous.....it's at least two words - unless you've met Pele), and I didn't get any responses. I tried aiming higher with intelligent discussions, and no such luck.


Well, an hour or so as posting must've produce some earnings, right? Well. I checked my account early this morning for my hard earned cash: $0.15.


Makes you wonder why people go on it!


Advert

The Ashes begins tonight - the classic Cricket battle between England and Australia. I'll be rooting for the English, why not make it more interesting? Have a Free £50 bet on totesport

Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home